About

"The evolving Francophile..."

My husband Jack has always wanted to live in Paris and learn French. I thought it would be good for him to achieve his life time dream. Hence, we moved to Paris in 2008. My first year was difficult. I started "missives" to relieve some stress and chronicle my life so friends back in the US could read what I am experiencing. I currently write about my food in Paris, which is my passion., travel experiences, and "experiences living in Paris."

It is definitely a challenge to live here, but each year it gets easier, and quite enjoyable, in large part because I value friendships over locale. I have a love/hate relationship with Paris as do most Parisians, mais La vie est belle (but life is good)!

Wednesday, July 14, 2010

A fine taste of Paris

 A fine taste of Paris


Our good friends Joël and Cynthia try to come to Paris at least 2-3 times a year. They're one of the fortunate ones that were able to buy an apartment in the very much sought after Ile Saint Louis. What else can I say except, location, location, location. And, the title says it all.





Last Sunday, we were invited for apéros in their beautiful apartment.  Cynthia, being a big "foodie" and has taken several cooking lessons at very prestigious culinary academies throughout Paris, is well schooled. Her training and  gift of presenting food beautifully is evident, just look at the pictures, and my pictures don't do it justice.  Personally, I think there are people who are just naturally gifted artistically and Cynthia is great with food, and Joël for restoration work, as can be seen in their beautiful apartment.


We started out with a magnum of champagne, imagine that? It's still been quite warm in Paris, what better way to start off with then champagne, followed by Zubrowka Polish bison grass vodka, and lychee.  Now the reason it sounds so familiar it's because it was the drink we had at the Hidden Kitchen a few weeks ago (refer to review) and Cynthia was able to duplicate it.  Our friend Wendy Lyn came up with a fabulous new name for the drink and for us, BBC otherwise known as "Blushing Buffalo Club."
























The evening progressed and we just ate, and drank and before we knew it was close to midnight. What a fun evening.

Just Jack, Mehran, Victoria Joël and Cynthia

The reason I write this, is because about a year ago Joël and Cynthia decided since they're not in Paris as often as they would like, they want to share their special space with others.  So, you can actually rent it out now and also experience "A fine taste of Paris". My pictures don't do the place justice, but you can check their link at http://www.afinetasteofparis.com/

So, if you're in town and need a place to stay, check out their apartment, and don't forget to invite us for apéros as well

1 comment :

  1. What a lovely and flattering post, my darling! Can't thank you enough for your extremely kind words and the great plug! We're so glad you had a great time chez nous...I had too good of a time...the bubbles went straight to my head and I simply forgot to eat! It was another delightful evening spent in the company of wonderful friends! Merci, merci!

    ReplyDelete