About

"The evolving Francophile..."

My husband Jack has always wanted to live in Paris and learn French. I thought it would be good for him to achieve his life time dream. Hence, we moved to Paris in 2008. My first year was difficult. I started "missives" to relieve some stress and chronicle my life so friends back in the US could read what I am experiencing. I currently write about my food in Paris, which is my passion., travel experiences, and "experiences living in Paris."

It is definitely a challenge to live here, but each year it gets easier, and quite enjoyable, in large part because I value friendships over locale. I have a love/hate relationship with Paris as do most Parisians, mais La vie est belle (but life is good)!

Monday, July 23, 2018

August -- Vacation begins




"CLOSED FOR AUGUST" 

Vacations for most Parisians will commence starting now through August 31st, returning to normal after "La Rentrée" (return from the holidays) starting September 1. With that said, many restaurants are actually closed in August; however, a few tourist restaurants will be open. And, I too will be going on vacation starting Wednesday July 25. So there will be no reviews for the month of August.

BONNE VACANCE À TOUS 

No comments :

Post a Comment