About

"The evolving Francophile..."

My husband Jack has always wanted to live in Paris and learn French. I thought it would be good for him to achieve his life time dream. Hence, we moved to Paris in 2008. My first year was difficult. I started "missives" to relieve some stress and chronicle my life so friends back in the US could read what I am experiencing. I currently write about my food in Paris, which is my passion., travel experiences, and "experiences living in Paris."

It is definitely a challenge to live here, but each year it gets easier, and quite enjoyable, in large part because I value friendships over locale. I have a love/hate relationship with Paris as do most Parisians, mais La vie est belle (but life is good)!

Thursday, May 5, 2022

Le Jeroboam -- Restaurant Review UPDATE

 This is an UPDATE to my original review of  "Le Jeroboam."  Please click on the following review created on March 2016 Le Jeroboam -- restaurant review of March 2016.




MENU


As with all restaurants, this neighborhood restaurant off the beaten path was closed during lockdown, and lucky for us recently reopened. 


With the exception of the menu, not much has changed physically. (See the original review, link above)










OFFERINGS 




1,  AMUSE BOUCHE. It was a biscuit made from sarrasin. Nothing special, but it reminded me of sablé cookie without the sugar. It was dry, but that's the characteristic of this kind of biscuit. 

2.  RILLETTE DE CANARD AU FOIS GRAS. "Rillettes is a preservation method similar to confit where meat is seasoned then slow cooked submerged in fat and cooked at an extremely slow rate for several hours. The meat is shredded and packed into sterile containers covered in fat." (wikipedia),  The dish was actually pretty good. The fat ratio to the duck and foie gras was perfect and chunky enough to hold its shape. If I have any complaints on this dish, the vessel that it was served in made it quite difficult to eat. Otherwise it was a good dish.

3.  MACARONI BURRATA-POULET. I loved this dish. Who doesn't like Mac and cheese. The difference with this mac/cheese was the types of cheeses it used. I tasted an aged creamy cheese like a mild blue cheese. I also tasted a little cream. The chicken was very tender and the dish was covered with a fresh burrata. For me this was a winner, especially for cheese lovers, but it is rich so I took half home. 

NOTE: There are daily specials, or you can order form the regular menu


SUMMARY 
4.25 - Star......................................................€€ ......................................................... 2.5 - Bell

I have not change my review. They serve great traditional french cuisine, but also innovative dishes such as the mac/cheese burrata that I had. 

Although it is off the beaten path and more of a neighborhood, It would be worth your while to go. I highly recommend it.  For 4-entrées, 4-sodas, 1-bottled water, 4-plats and 2-coffees our bill came to 171€ or 48 (rounded up) for 4-people. NOTE: We had no desserts. 


Location, etc, see previous review, click on this link LE JEROBOAM 






1 comment :

  1. Excellent review. Appreciate that you critique the food, atmosphere and comment on value to really give a complete picture! -Alba

    ReplyDelete