About

"The evolving Francophile..."

My husband Jack has always wanted to live in Paris and learn French. I thought it would be good for him to achieve his life time dream. Hence, we moved to Paris in 2008. My first year was difficult. I started "missives" to relieve some stress and chronicle my life so friends back in the US could read what I am experiencing. I currently write about my food in Paris, which is my passion., travel experiences, and "experiences living in Paris."

It is definitely a challenge to live here, but each year it gets easier, and quite enjoyable, in large part because I value friendships over locale. I have a love/hate relationship with Paris as do most Parisians, mais La vie est belle (but life is good)!

Saturday, July 10, 2010

Summer apéros at Palais Royale

You know it's summer when you have apéros at Palais Royale...

We've been experiencing sweltering heat this summer. Imagine, not too long away we were complaining that summer hasn't come fast enough, and now we're complaining about it coming in too strong..., oh well!

 Apéros at Palais Royale


About 3-years ago our friend Mehran and Anne wanted to do something to celebrate our long summer nights. It typically does not get dark in Paris until 10:30 or sometimes 11 at night  in the summer. We're on the same latitude as Montreal, if  you can believe that, who knew?

So, what started as basically 4-people blossomed into a traditional summer event attended by a diverse group of people, young and old, gay and straight, musicians and artists, ex-pats and the internationals and the crowd can be as small as 5-people or as large as 40-people... Ah, what a wonderful diverse world we live in.  The original rule was that one must bring their own glass, typically a champagne glass, and a bottle of bubbly to share. Since 2008, we've evolved and now we're bringing in hors d'oeuvres and various drinks and sometimes even whole meals, go figure?  All-in-all it's a fabulous event.































Various photos of our diverse group







So, if you're in Paris, we meet at the fountain at 7 pm typically once a week, please join us, just send me an email and I can give you the dates.


No comments :

Post a Comment