About

"The evolving Francophile..."

My husband Jack has always wanted to live in Paris and learn French. I thought it would be good for him to achieve his life time dream. Hence, we moved to Paris in 2008. My first year was difficult. I started "missives" to relieve some stress and chronicle my life so friends back in the US could read what I am experiencing. I currently write about my food in Paris, which is my passion., travel experiences, and "experiences living in Paris."

It is definitely a challenge to live here, but each year it gets easier, and quite enjoyable, in large part because I value friendships over locale. I have a love/hate relationship with Paris as do most Parisians, mais La vie est belle (but life is good)!

Wednesday, January 30, 2013

"Paris, I’ve grown accustomed to your ways"--Ruth Yunker




Ruth is a wonderful friend, columnist and humorist.  Her previous book “Me, Myself and Paris...” (refer to my interview with Ruth--January 7, 2011) was a truly great insight as to how she sees Paris through her eyes. 
In her new book “Paris, I’ve grown accustomed to your ways" she brings us more into the Paris world not as a visitor, but as someone who has spent a lot of time in Paris, and shows us the changing, or not, of  daily Parisian Life.


Her writing captures the daily adventures of living in Paris through humor and a fresh way of looking at things that we ex-pats either take for granted or overlook as just routine. 
I highly recommend this book.Chapeau Ruth!!!
To purchase the book, please click on link (Amazon--"Paris I've grown accustomed to your ways...")

No comments :

Post a Comment