About

"The evolving Francophile..."

My husband Jack has always wanted to live in Paris and learn French. I thought it would be good for him to achieve his life time dream. Hence, we moved to Paris in 2008. My first year was difficult. I started "missives" to relieve some stress and chronicle my life so friends back in the US could read what I am experiencing. I currently write about my food in Paris, which is my passion., travel experiences, and "experiences living in Paris."

It is definitely a challenge to live here, but each year it gets easier, and quite enjoyable, in large part because I value friendships over locale. I have a love/hate relationship with Paris as do most Parisians, mais La vie est belle (but life is good)!

Tuesday, August 16, 2022

LE LOUIS PHILIPPE -- Restaurant Review

 

66 Quai de l'Hôtel de ville, 75004 Paris

CONDESCENDING WAIT STAFF WINS RUDE AWARD FOR 2022

I'm not doing a normal review on this restaurant, because I don't want to waste a lot of time on this shameful restaurant. This is a first for me!

I’ve lived in Paris for 14-years, fortunately, I’ve only had a handful of bad experiences with wait-staff and food being inedible. This is one, if not the worst experience I’ve ever had.

It was storming that evening, so we were getting wet and decided to go to the closest restaurant to us and get a bite to eat, what a mistake. So soaking wet, we went into Le Louis Phillippe. After getting our table, we waited a half an hour, finally, I got the waiter’s attention and told him we were ready to order in a calm manner. He responded by telling me to calm down and not be so hysterical, WTF? Our table was surprised, he was so nasty and rude.

Then as I was ordering, keep in mind I speak French, he started poking fun of items that I was ordering. I spoke to our table next to us, he was Parisian, and told me they had the same bad attitude, so it wasn’t just me. 

As for the food, the onion soup was lukewarm, at best and inedible. The frog legs were tiny just nothing. My friend had the Boeuf Bourguignon, she said the meat was nasty. 

This is a tourist trap, the food is horrible. If you look at online reviews, eg Tripadvisor, reviews are consistent, bad service and mediocre food seems to be the theme. 

FYI.  I've been there before, but it was pleasant and food was OK. I heard they have new management and has truly gone down hill. I'll say they have!

WARNING, STAY AWAY!




No comments :

Post a Comment